BCS (formerly the British Computing Society), the Chartered Institute for IT, is a British institute that is:
- A Professional Body for its members and the IT professional as a whole.
- A Learned Society that is governed by a Royal Charter.
- A Nominated Body licensed to award Chartered Engineer status (CEng), Incorporated Engineer status (IEng), and Chartered Scientist status (CSci).
- An Awarding Body that accredits individual professional competence through a range of Professional Qualifications.
- A registered charity.
The following certifications of interest to Business Analysts are available from the BCS:
- Certificate in Business Analysis – Foundation Level
- Certificate in IT Enabled Business Change – Foundation Level
- Certificate in Benefits Management and Business Acceptance – Practitioner Level
- Certificate in Business Analysis Practice – Practitioner Level
- Certificate in Data Management Essentials – Practitioner Level
- Certificate in Modeling Business Processes – Practitioner Level
- Certificate in Requirements Engineering – Practitioner Level
- The BCS Business Analysis Certifications page