The OMG Certified Expert in BPM (OCEB) is a series of certifications offered by the Object Management Group (OMG ). There are five different levels of certification that correspond to the BPM job roles and associated tasks described below. Each certification has its own examination; levels above Fundamental require the next-lower certification (in its track, for Advanced) as prerequisite.
- FUNDAMENTAL: A productive member ranked in the top half of his or her BPM project team should have the knowledge and skills to acquire this certification.
- BUSINESS INTERMEDIATE: A BPM Team Lead on the business side, discovering, modeling, and analyzing business processes, should have the knowledge and skills to acquire this certification.
- TECHNICAL INTERMEDIATE: A BPM implementation team lead, implementing and maintaining BPM systems, should have the knowledge and skills to acquire this certification.
- BUSINESS ADVANCED: A BPM consultant to high-level management, or practitioner responsible for BPM scope and direction at Director level in an enterprise, should have the broad knowledge and skills covered in this certification.
- TECHNICAL ADVANCED: A BPM consultant to high-level management working on the technical side, or BPM practitioner at Director level responsible for process performance and governance in an enterprise, should have the broad knowledge and skills covered in this certification.
The program augments coverage of BP management, modeling, analysis, and design with important additional topics such as process quality, security, and governance frameworks, guaranteeing that an OCEB certification holder’s knowledge base is well-rounded.
The OCEB Program was developed and is run as a joint program of OMG and the UML Technology Institute Co., Ltd.(UTI). The OCEB examinations are offered worldwide in English at Pearson VUE testing centers in a program administered by OMG; the examinations are also available in the Japanese language in Asia in a program administered by UTI.
Go to the OCEB information page for more information.