Quoted from the IIBA web site:
The Certification of Competency in Business Analysis™ (CCBA®) designation is a professional certification offered by the IIBA for business analysis practitioners who want to be recognized for their expertise and skills by earning formal recognition. With at least 3750 hours of hands-on BA experience, they have developed essential BA skills.
CCBA® recipients are recognized for the investment they have already made in their business analysis careers, and include professionals working in the role of:
- Business analysis
- Systems analysis
- Requirements analysis or management
- Process improvement
To earn the CCBA® designation, a BA will need to be knowledgeable in all six knowledge areas of A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK ®) Guide knowledge areas, with proficiency in at least two. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 3750 hours of BA work experience aligned with the BABOKÂ® Guide in the last seven years
- Minimum 900 hours in two of the six knowledge areas or 500 hours in four of the six knowledge areas
- Minimum 21 hours of Professional Development in the past four years
- Minimum high school education or equivalent
- Two references from a career manager, client or Certified Business Analysis ProfessionalTM (CBAPÂ®) recipient
- Signed Code of Conduct
Applicants are expected to review the CCBA® Handbook for complete information on application criteria, fees and details on how to apply.