2017 was a busy year personally. I wrapped up a 3-year enterprise-level project; which led to me accepting a management position (managing a very small team of business analysts); I bought a house; and generally dealt with a number of the curve-balls that life throws at you. All of which unfortunately meant that this site did not get nearly the attention I hoped.
On a positive note, my goal of writing content that has a longer shelf life and having this site act as a sort of reference resource seems to be working even with a bit of inattention. 2017 saw the following improvements in site metrics over 2016 (as measured by Google Analytics):
- Individual users were up just under 16% to roughly 56,000
- Individual sessions were up a bit over 17% to 67,000
- The bounce rate dropped 12% from 52% to 40%
- The % of visitors who spent at least 5 minutes on the site was up 14%
Other interesting statistics include:
- Over 82% of site visitors are using desktops, with 15% on mobile.
- The U.S., U.K, India, Canada and Germany are the top 5 sources of traffic
- And the following site pages remain the most visited:
- RASCI Matrix
- Context Diagram
- Stakeholder Onion Diagram
- VMOST Analysis
- Stakeholder Communications Matrix
I am hoping in 2018 to get back to regular writing for this site and finally finishing some of the longer articles I have had in progress for a while.
Thank you again to all those who visit and find something of use here. I remain committed to having no advertising on this site, so my only reward is your attention and the occasional positive comment. 🙂
May your 2018 be a story of success, both personal and professional.